Saturday, October 4, 2008

Paris Fashion Week: Giambattista Valli, Yves Saint Laurent, Chanel



Am amazingly beautiful collection! The silhouettes, the fabrics, the colors everything is so romantic and modern. I especially love the full 50s skirts, they're done in such a sophisticated way that I could imagine myself wearing those everyday - no matter how unpractical they may be.


This collection certainly isn't as great as the last two from YSL but there were a lot of nice pieces that I liked nonetheless. There was a lot of pressure on Pilati after all the rave reviews he received for his last collections.
LOVE the shoes!


As always, the Chanel show was held in an amazing setting - a replica of Rue Cambon 31, the legendary first Chanel boutique.
This is one of the Chanel collections that I like, I'm not always such a big Chanel fan and I'm also not in love this this but I did think it was a good collection. This season Lagerfeld interpreted the classic Chanel tweed jacked in a rocky way by adding lots of chains. Some of the dresses were horrible but I loved a lot of the darker looks and those two toned tights were great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny!

Do you received my e-mail?
Check your count and reply if you received or I can send you again.

xoxo

Yasmin